There’s something about the fall season that makes me feel as though things are about to settle down, although I never like to wish away a summer! Summer is by far my favorite season of the four; the warmth of the sun, the sand between my toes, blue skies, summer cocktails, bbq’s, road trips…however, fall brings a warmth, a calmness, a longing for quiet time.
Fall is the perfect season for reflection, a time to reset & recharge & to create a plan for cleaning & organizing.
What have you accomplished in the first 8 months of the year? What’s still left on your goal sheet to accomplish? Are you meeting & exceeding your goals or do you need to re-evaluate them?
Do you feel rested or exhausted? Are you taking enough “me” time or have you been focusing on making everyone else in your life happy?
What would make your life easier at this very moment?
Now is time to sort through drawers, cupboards & closets and purge the items you haven’t used all year. A clean & organized home creates a clear & organized mind! Take the time to clean those nooks and crannies that get overlooked when you’re doing your basic weekly household chores. Pull down the draperies, fluff & freshen them! Wipe down baseboards, clean blinds, ceiling fans, etc. You would be surprised the feeling of accomplishment you’ll experience when these small tasks get checked off your list.
Below, I’ve highlighted some of my favorite fall dishes, crafts, places to visit, etc. I would love to hear what your favorite things to do, make & see are during the fall season!
Favorite Fall Recipes
Top Middle: Chicken Cordon Bleu Dip
Top Right: Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken w/sweet potatoes
Bottom Left: Turkey Burger Sweet Potato Skillet
Bottom Right: Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna
Favorite Fall Crafts
- DIY Fall Centerpieces
- DIY Fall Wreaths
- DIY Fall Scent
- DIY Fall Wedding Ideas –> Centerpieces –> Dresses
Favorite Things to do in the Fall
- watch football
- go apple picking
- decorate pumpkins & bake the seeds
- experiment in the kitchen!
- go for a stroll thought Piedmont Park
- hike Stone Mountain
Favorite Fall Festivals
- September 28th – October 1st – Atlanta Greek Festival
- September 30th – Oktoberfest
- September 30th – October 1st – Fall Fest
- October 7th – Atlanta Chili Cookoff
- October 14-15, 21-22 – Georgia Apple Festival
- October 28th – Boos & Brews
- November 10th – 12th – Artisan Market
- November 11th – January 3rd – Stone Mountain Christmas
- November 18th – January 8th – Winter Wonderland
Written by Kelly Vescio